HOW TO LOGIN TO OUTLOOK
The use of Electronic Mail commonly known as e-mail has undoubtedly influenced and changed the way and manner we communicate with each other. In all ramifications of life, emails have greatly improved client/customer relationship and understanding, parents/children relationship to mention but a few; email has certainly refined long distance communication.
What is Outlook?
Microsoft Outlook is an electronic mail application designed and developed by Microsoft. It is among the packages including by Microsoft in its Office suite. It comprises of a task manager, calendar, note taking, journal, contact manager, and web browsing in addition to its mailing features. Being used by millions of people globally, this application enables one to receive and send electronic messages from client machines.
A preferred email client used to access Microsoft Exchange Server email, this application also provides access to Exchange Server email. Companies are also opportune to integrate Outlook using Microsoft’s SharePoint platform which enables them share project notes, documents, collaborate with colleagues, and send reminders.
While you may be using Outlook for receiving and sending emails, the probability of facing problems with your favourite email client is always there. Login to Outlook is usually a major problem faced by a reasonable amount of its numerous users. Therefore this article will give step by step tips on how to login to Outlook.
Although Outlook may also be used as a standalone application, it is also part of Microsoft Office suite as stated earlier. Its current version being Microsoft Outlook 2010, it is also available for the Apple Mac; with Outlook 2011 as its current version.
Some Unique Features of Outlook
Outlook plays well with Active Directory
In using Outlook, users Active Directory credentials can be passed on to him/her simply by login to outlook. In fact, since the electronic mail address is stored in AD, the user need not even enter that information if authenticating through Active Directory. Outlook will automatically figure out the right e-mail address, log you in and you’re good to go.
Ability to integrate with Many Devices and Applications
Outlook has the ability to integrate with many devices and applications such as PDA, Smartphone, BlackBerry, various windows mobile phones not to mention but a few.
Organizes Assets easily
Unlike other clients, if you need to follow up on a message on Outlook you are offered flags of various colours that can be tied to reminders if you need a friendly nag. Also a shortcut folder known as a “Follow Up” gathers links to all flagged messages to make them simple to locate.
Friendly and Familiar User Interface
Outlook user interface is very friendly and easy to operate as well as access. It was designed in such a way that any Microsoft office user will have the ability to easily access it since its basis are intuitive to someone who’s used to Microsoft Office. This saves some pennies in training costs. And since the familiarity extends to its various development environment, it is relatively easy for developers using Microsoft Visual software to also interface with Outlook, either to add functionality or to tie it to other corporate applications.
HOW TO LOGIN TO OUTLOOK
1. Open a web browser and type in https://outlook.com then click on search. This will automatically take you to outlook login page.
2. Type in your “username” and “password” and click on “sign in”.
3. If your account refuses to open, click on “can’t access your account “and another page will open giving you options why you are unable to access your account. Options like: I forgot my password, I know my password but can’t login and I think someone else is using my Microsoft Outlook account.
4. Select any and Outlook will prompt you to change your password
5. Change your password by entering your username, initial password provided by you, enter a new password, and verify your new password.
Note: Outlook has some password requirements, for a strong password, it must consist of all of the following: 8 to 16 characters, an uppercase and lowercase letter, at least one number, cannot contain your username, first name or last name and cannot contain common dictionary words.
6. Once your password is changed, a confirmation message will be displayed. Click OK.
7. After the password has been successfully changed, a new login page will be displayed log in with your “username” and new “password”.
8. Type in your “username” and then your “new password” into the tabs.
9. If login is successful login, you will be asked to set up the Time zone and Language.
Of course, it all comes down to picking the right tool for the job, I strongly believe that the above tips will definitely assist individuals as well as organisations having trouble login into their Microsoft Outlook account.